Friday, May 4, 2012

Ace Hood Joins Young Money/Cash Money Roster


The Young Money/Cash Money empire has a new acquisition.

This time, it’s DJ Khaled protege, Ace Hood, who joins the YMCMB team. According to Cash Money CEO, the decision comes about partly because Khaled’s We The Best label imprint now falls under the YMCMB umbrella. Young Money CEO, Birdman, explained the situation to MTV, and expressed his enthusiasm for the addition of the Florida-born, Ace Hood.

"I'd like to let the world know that Khaled's brand, which is We the Best, is officially signed to YMCMB and the first act coming out that umbrella ... will be Ace Hood," Birdman explained.

"I always wanted to have a chance to work with Ace Hood. We wanted to do it right, set it up right. I think Ace Hood is a superstar. I love his work ethic, I think he's a very talented young man and he gonna be a big superstar in this business and I wanted to be the one to help him become that. It was important to me."

This isn’t the only news on the growth and strengthening of YMCMB. Recently, Birdman revealed that he had plans to create a film, featuring artists from the label.

"We start shooting that in the fall," Birdman told XXL. "That's the whole team, that's like a 2012 Balla Blocking. The Rich Gang movie is about the team. Everybody is going to be the star of it, but [Lil] Wayne will be the center of it. It's about the team, everybody that's on the label. ... I would like them [to] just be themselves. I'm not gonna tell no n*gga to go to acting school. Just be yourself. We're excited as a brand about it. Tyga, everybody is like, 'Stunna, let's do a movie.' We got a few of them lined up and we gonna shoot them."





No comments:

Post a Comment